Triphala is the combination of three fruits of herbal drugs that are Amalaki, Vibhitaki, and Haritaki. It is the most used herbal formulation used in Ayurveda.
- Amalaki (Emblica officinalis)
- Vibhitaki (Termenalia bellerica)
- Haritaki (Termenalia chebula)
The combination of these three fruits are very famous in Ayurveda. These three fruits are the most common combination used in Ayurveda therapeutics. These three fruits in dry form are made into powder in equal quantity.
How to make triphala cūrna?
- Make powder from amalaki, vibhitaki, and haritaki respectively.
- Sieve cūrna of each drug to get fine powder respectively.
- Measure each powder to equal quantity.
- Mix all three powders well.
- Triphala cūrna is ready.
Benefit of Triphala
The benefit given by triphala cūrna such as:
- Calm kapha and pitta
- For weight loss
- Treating chronic fever
- Cure various eye disease
- Source of antioxidant
- Treating diabetes
- The decoction for healing wound
- Treating skin diseases
- Improve eye sight
- Improve taste
Method of Using Triphala cūrna
There are some methods to use or to intake triphala cūrna:
- Triphala cūrna can be taken directly in powder form together with adjuvants like warm water, honey, or ghee, before food.
- Triphala cūrna can be made into decoction form and drink directly.
- Triphala cūrna can be mixed with powder of other drugs to form other formulation, such as Triphala rasayana.
*image from healthlogus.com